Videos of goats and chickens 羊寶錄影
Voice of goats 山羊的叫聲
Goat feed 山羊愛吃的食物
Books and Movies Review 讀書和電影心得
Back Yard Bio-Charcoal 自製木炭
Edible Garden 可食庭園
Property Development 買山容易養山難
1. One pound ground meat (turkey, pork, beef.... choose one kind only)
2. Chop or blend vegetables: spinach, green cabbage, carrots, celery, green onions ... (This is a good chance to add any kind of vegetables that your children don't like to eat)
3. Finely chop ginger root and garlic (garlic is an option)
4. Mix 2 TBSP sesame oil, 1 TSP salt, soy sauce (option), 2 TBSP Chinese rice wine (or regular rice wine) with meat
If you bought dumpling skins from an Asian grocery store, you can skip this most difficult part.
1. The way to make a dough is the same with making cold noodle dough
2. After the dough raised, sprinkle white flour on a clean table and on the rolling pin
3. Divide dough to several smaller dough balls and roll out in hands to long thin rolls
4. Divide every long thin roll to several short dough rolls
5. Roll every little dough roll into one dumpling skin (as small as possible)
6. The center of the skin should be thicker than the edge
C. Make dumplings:
1. Put some filling in the skin
2. Coat water on the edge of the skin so that it will stick when you wrap it (only for the skin you bought from store)
3. Wrap it as the picture shows
D. Cook dumplings
1. Fill large pot 1/3 full with water
2. Heat until boiling
3. Put about 20 dumplings in the boiling water (the water has to cover all dumplings)
4. Cover with the lid and bring to boil again
5. Add a glass of cool water when the water is boiling
6. Key Step(s) to insure the meat is cooked: Repeat steps 4 and 5 until the color of the dumpling skins turn to clear and all dumplings float on the surface of the soup (usually, you need to add water one to three times depending on the skin thickness)
7. Note: whole wheat skins will not appear clear like white flour skins do.
E. Sauce: Mix sesame oil, chopped ginger root, garlic, soy sauce (option), cayenne (spice, option), and rice vinegar (or homemade Basile vinegar).
Serve when they are hot. Put all cooked dumplings in a big bowl. Every person can put some sauce in his/her small bowl and dip the dumpling in the sauce and eat.